Re: Corrupt Control file

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:07:28 -0700

<jackal_on_work_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145876250.693832.84260_at_v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

> Andreas Sheriff wrote:
> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you for your advise DBAs
> > >
> > > In linux or Solaris I rename my control file name and make new control
> > > file with touch command.
> > >
> > > but let me tell you,
> > > there is nothing in Alert File, No processes error generated and my
> > > database is also running without problem but error comes when I try to
> > > shutdown database.
> > >
> > > So Pls help here.
> > >

> > 'Still trying to control my laugh...
> >
> > Bwahhahahahahahahahahaa!
> >
> > Sorry, couldn't contain it.
> >

> why laugh at someone when you cant help him!!
> > If I were you, I'd look for another job.
>
> Most of the DBAs their trade learn while doing their job. I guess you
> too are not an exception.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Andreas Sheriff
> > Oracle 9i Certified Professional
> > Oracle 10g Certified Professional
> > Oracle 9i Certified PL/SQL Developer
> > ----
> > "If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
> > "How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?"
> >
> > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
> > Reply only to the group.

It's one thing to make a mistake on the job, even while learning Oracle. Everybody at one time does something extremely stupid (mostly due from lack of coffee and or other caffine source) and at most times is able to recover from that mistake, or restore/recover from backups. It's another thing entirely to do something extremely stupid in the dark! Obviously, the OP doesn't know thing1 about Oracle. I mean, come on! Touching controlfiles to replace them?!?!?!

Bwhahahahahhahaa!

Sorry, 'couldn't help it.