replication, Materialized views, and transparent data encryption

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2006 07:11:45 -0700

Platform: Oracle 10.2 EE on Win2003 server

We have a requirement to physically relocate two databases involved in a master/materialized view replication environment. An additional requirement will be to add transparent data encryption to selected columns on the MV site.

(Just to keep things interesting, I've never done either.)

On reading of the docs, the encryption looks fairly easy to set up. The replication less so. I am a bit concerned about a statement I just read in the ....

It says "Materialized views cannot be based on tables that contain any columns encrypted using transparent data encryption." Does this mean that the MV table can't have encryption on it, or does it mean that the master table from which it is pulling cannot have encryption?

Thanks. Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 09:11:45 CDT