Re: Oracle Personal Edition Sucks!

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:37:37 GMT

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:24:08 -0700, Dusan Bolek wrote:

> xg_at_oraclexg.com wrote:

>> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/archive/2004/08/28/23563.aspx
>> wrote:
>>
>> Allright, so I installed Oracle personal edition on my desktop. Here are
>> my peeves against oracle -

> My problem with Oracle PE is that it doesn't run on any decent operating
> system. One would expect more from company that is giving cute little
> penguins as christmas presents. :-(

I concur.

I've tried on several occasions to get Linux people to speak up on this. No one does. So Oracle doesn't realize that PE on Linux is an opportunity.

Possibly because they (Linux developers) think PE is 'less than SE', whereas PE is actually 'more than EE' in capability, just licensed for a max of one user.

And possibly because of the 'old school' Linux thinking "if it ain't free, it ain't good".

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com