Re: Oracle slowed down

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:50:27 GMT

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:43:05 +0000, Bob Jones wrote:

> "HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message

>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:23:54 +0000, Bob Jones wrote:
>>

>>> Do all these mean BHCR is deprecated?
>>
>> No. They simply mean that tuning does not start, or end, with BCHR.
>>

> Thank you for clarifying. That's the whole point of this thread.

Actually, the point of the thread is that the OP has a performance problem and is attempting to use BCHR to try to solve it.

Your point seems to be that BCHR is a tool to be used to resolve the issue.

The rest of us are trying to tell OP that BCHR really doesn't matter. The OP should be concentrating on finding out why the system is slow instead of finding out why there is a low BCHR.

If nothing else, we are trying to get the OP to understand that the problem may not be the cache.

Athough several, including yourself, have said that a 38M cache is too small. Which is probably true unless the database is small (smaller than 30M). Which, as far as I can tell, is an unconfirmed assumption.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com