Re: QUESTION: Standby database behavior... No SQLPlus prompt!

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:07:35 GMT

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:21:52 -0700, BD wrote:

> So this suggests that what I'm seeing is _normal_! I can CTRL+C, but
> that exits this mode, does it not? If I want to _leave_ it in that
> mode, what am I supposed to do? I have no prompt with which to exit my
> SQLPlus session - just a blinking cursor!

Oracle8 is slowly fading from memory, as very few people are still using it. The full command, which I tried many times, and I that works on 9i is:

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE DISCONNECT FROM SESSION; That will get you back to prompt. If that doesn't work on 8i, this should solve your problem:

#!/bin/ksh
set -a
ORACLE_HOME=/home/sweet/oracle_home
LIBPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
ORACLE_SID=T-REX
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:PATH
sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF
startup force nomount;
alter database mount standby database;
ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE; EOF

Write this down as "restart_stby.sh", fix home and SID and launch it by using "nohup". Be sure not to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH on AIX as it has no effect before AIX 5.2

--
http://www.mgogala.com