Re: ocp 10g or 9i

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 02:17:20 GMT

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:46:00 -0700, shark wrote:

> hi experts,
>
> i am new to oracle and want to learn oracle.i am confused whether to start
> from 9i or 10g.i also want to give ocp exams .so please can anybody guide
> me which certification to give 9i or 10g.

9i OCP - 4 exams
10g OCP - 2 exams
9i OCP + 10g OCP upgrade = 5 exams

There are lots of places needing 8i and 9i skills, and the 8i and 9i OCP are not radically different.

I'd prefer to interview a 9i+10g than 10g-only ... no guarantees about being hired, though.

Just realize that OCP might normally only adds a checkmark in the HR screening process, and is often not considered a qualification - other than you have heard and perhaps understand some of the terminology (and how it differs from MySQL, SQLServer, etc)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com