Re: ocp 10g or 9i

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:28:29 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:ngfi42t75c3236fvts9m286vguo91o1iud_at_4ax.com...
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:31:42 -0700, "Andreas Sheriff"
> <spamcontrol_at_iion.com> wrote:
>
>>10gR2 is the current version, but some people are slow to update from 9i.
>
> There are still many 8i installations around!
> In 1998, at one site, whose name I can't mention, I found 6.0.36
> running, which has been desupported for 4 years!
> Please don't assume all sites upgrade. Most sites don't.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Oracle doesn't offer 8i certifications anymore. The question was about OCP certification. Why would mentioning 8i, a version, as you've said, "has been desupported for 4 years", be relevant to this thread? Should I then mention 7? What about 6? How low do you want to go?

And yes, I've got to admit it as well. I still have an 8i installation here for a dev machine. Sure, I've already created a 10gR2 dev machine, but the programmers are slow to switch over.

BTW, I just installed my first 10gR2 64 bit 2-node RAC! Yeah!

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup