Re: ocp 10g or 9i

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:31:42 -0700

"shark" <xavier.sharon_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145645160.884713.7780_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> hi experts,
>
> i am new to oracle and want to learn oracle.i am confused whether to
> start from 9i or 10g.i also want to give ocp exams .so please can
> anybody guide me which certification to give 9i or 10g.
>

> thanks.

Getting OCP certified is a good way to start learning. Keep in mind, though, what you learn through getting the OCP credentials is about 1% of what you need to know. So, after getting certified, print out some Oracle manuals, buy some more Oracle books, set up your own system, and get busy. You have a looooong road ahead of you.

10gR2 is the current version, but some people are slow to update from 9i. You have to make the decision yourself whether to start from 9i or go straight to 10g.

BTW, asking an OCP question on this group is a good way to get flamed.

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup