Re: How to Create Local Temporary Table

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:43:00 GMT

> I am more confused than before i post my question after read all
> information above.
> I am a newbie in Oracle and my English not so good.
> Actually I have many query that contain subquery that is used
> repeatedlly.
> So, what alternatives that I should consider? View? Temp tables? or
> Varray?

I think that this thread has shown that there are other things aside from temp tables that you will probably want to employ in Oracle.

The answer all depends on your exact situation. You did not give much information to further help you out. For instance, do you have a specific query that one could look at and give advice on. Or, we do not know much about your specific about your application development platform. So you might want to post more information. And since this thread has gotten quite lengthy, you might want to start a new thread.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net