Re: Performance Problem

From: <jatinder.1975_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2006 06:10:38 -0700

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your time.
Version of Oracle is 9.2 . I have calculated statistics before running this query. Histograms (for skewed data) I am not sure about their presence .
19 18 MERGE JOIN (CARTESIAN) (Cost=275 Card=1 Bytes=56) Presence of Outer Join is causing this ,Which could not be removed.

At present I will not be able to give you tkprof output as the query hangs and terminate the session.

Should the Filters be nested deep or shallow ? As in this case filters are at the top level. So I assume that after doing all the stuff filter is applied which seems somewhat wrong to me. Could you please guide me on this?

TableName                 Rows
VOUCHER_HDR	1041288
INDEX_NAME	COLUMN_NAME
BI_VOUCHER_HDR_DATE	VCHR_DATE
PK_VOUCHER_HDR	VCHR_HDR_KEY
UK_VOUCHER_HDR	(DOC_BR_CD,DOC_TYP,DOC_NUMBER,FIN_YEAR)

TableName                Rows
VOUCHER_DTL	5847708
INDEX_NAME	COLUMN_NAME
ID_VOUCHER_DTL_GL_CD	GL_CD
ID_VOUCHER_DTL_PARTY_CD	PARTY_CD
PK_VOUCHER_DTL	(VCHR_HDR_KEY,SERIAL_NO,LINE_NO)

I know still with this much of information (without tkprof output) It would be difficult for you to enlight me on this fact of performance problem.

With Warm regards
Jatinder Singh Received on Fri Apr 21 2006 - 08:10:38 CDT