Re: Oracle Text?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:14:12 GMT

> I have an Oracle text search that searches CLOBs, and is now failing --

What do you mean by "failing"? Do you get an error message? If so, can you post exactly whatever you get?

> hypothesis is that the CLOBs over 200 MB are causing it to fail. Is
> there any tuning I can do to ensure these CLOBs get searched? Thanks!

Have you tried to set up a test case to prove yourself right or wrong? Create a table that has a 200MB+ CLOB and then do the search again. Create this table aside from your application that is having problems. That way, you isolate your test to just the one table without any of the rest of your application potentially getting in the way. Should it work, then it might be your application that is having problems.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net