"In search of a mythical beast," Clusterd, raid, filesystem

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:49:52 -0700

Hi,

I have a client who has two disparate disk arrays that can't talk to each other.
I'd like to have a shared Oracle home using a clustered filesystem, but, to my knowledge, I cannot find a compatible clustered filesystem that offers redundancy in case one of the arrays becomes a door stop.

Does anyone know of any clustered filesystem that can provide redundancy through two disparate disk arrays?

Here are some specifics:

The database is 10gR2 SE RAC base installation (no patches yet). The OS is Redhat EE U3, 64 bit, SMP (1 dual core Xeon), 8 gigs of memory.. Database files are handled by ASM using disks from each array. The two disk arrays are connected via iSCSI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PS: I *really* love the fact that 10gR2 allows you to configure mirrored copies of the OCR and voting disks during installation.

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
--- WARNING: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL Reply to me only on this newsgroup