php oracle10

From: prunoki <hegyvari_at_ardents.hu>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 09:52:44 -0700

Hi,

After migrating from the "big" oracle client to instant client, the letters with accent does not appear in my web application. I use PHP to generate the web pages.

The database server nls_lang is american_america.ee8iso8859p2. This was set on my Fedora Core as an environment variable and everything worked. With instant client, this nls_lang env variable is obsolete, I understand it is not used anymore. How to set up instant client to do the same conversion, thus enabling the letters with accents to appear again?

Regards,

Hegyvari Krisztian Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 11:52:44 CDT