Re: Problem with Oracle and ASP

From: <gd6502_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 08:18:53 -0700

stevedhoward_at_gmail.com ha scritto:

> If the Oracle client has been successfully installed on the clients,
> there should be a tree on the start menu to configure it, something
> like "Oracle 9i/Configuration and Mangement Tools/Net Configuration
> Assistant". This will step you through defining an alias with all the
> connection parameters necessary to connect to the database on the
> server.

In the PCs with Oracle client installed, the configuration is ok and all other applications run well. However I think the problem is not about client PC.
ASP runs server-side so I need (suppose) the Oracle client on the server, to let IIS access the db (Oracle server and IIS are on same machine). For this reason I've installed the Oracle client module on the server machine; now all applications, the ASP one included, runs correctly on the server used as a client too.
>From the client machines, the ASP application doesn't run instead, also
on that having the Oracle client correctly running. I hope I was understandable.
Regards

Peppe Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 10:18:53 CDT