'Physical Reads' in statspack doesn't match I/O waits

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 08:04:49 -0700

9.2.0.6 on Windows

I am getting unexpected results from a statsoack output:

The 'physical reads' value in the "Instance Activity Stats" section is as follows:

physical reads                     1,075,088

but this does not match the number of I/O waits in the "Top 5 Timed Events" section:

Top 5 Timed Events

db file sequential read             234,386
db file scattered read              129,911

Nor does it match the total number of reads in the "Tablespace I/O Stats" section:

364,373

So the value in the "Instance Activity Stats" appears to be the incorrect value. However the SQL section seems to base its '%Total' value for a statement on this value rather than the other value.

Does the 'physical reads' stat include other I/O that is not included in the other 2 sections..?!?

Thanks in advance

Matt Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 10:04:49 CDT