Re: removal of standby database

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:22:19 +0200

EdStevens schrieb:
> Joel Garry wrote:

>> Ed Stevens wrote:
>>
>>> +>>>>>  Starting Data Guard Broker (DMON)
>> Do Volkers suggestion.  Also see metalink Note:201669.1
>>
>> jg
>> --
>> @home.com is bogus.
>> If at first you don't succeed, biological control is not for you:
>> http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060419/news_1c19mice.html

> Joel,
>
> Thanks for the lead. I looked up the note on MetaLink and have read
> through it, as well as reading some of the 'Data Guard Command-Line
> Interface Scenarios' from 'Oracle9i Data Guard Broker Release 2 (9.2)'
> I'll follow up more tomorrow morning when I get back to the office and
> can do some of the SHOW commands.
>
> At first reading, I'm not clear on whether I should disable SITE,
> RESOURCE, or CONFIGURATION, or some combination. Not to be obtuse ...
> I know Volker said DISABLE RESOURCE. It's just that after a first
> reading, I'm not clear on the concept, and it looks like SITE and/or
> CONFIGURATION might also need to be disabled.
I was saying site because I didn't know whether you had other standbys running.
If you want to get from a dataguard configuration to a non-dataguard configuration, a disable configuration should be the simplest way.

If you want to prevent dmon for startup (you do), the relevant parameter is dg_broker_start. If that's set to false (check the doc), you shouldn't get that line.

Also, dmon deviously changes some system parameters upon startup, so after disabling it you should check again your log archive destinations and such and clean out the transport and fal stuff.

I seem to recall that the doc contains all the affected parameters.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 09:22:19 CDT