raid 10 vs. ASM

From: steph <stephan0h_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 05:59:16 -0700

Hi group,

A simple question, I hope it's not too general to get an answer ...

We set up a new database-server, 10G R2 Standard Edition One on Linux, 4 discs.

Our sysadmin proposed configuring the discs as raid 10, my original plan was to go with 2 raid 1 groups using ASM. What are the pros and cons of each solution?

thanks for any hints,
stephan Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 07:59:16 CDT