Prepare documents on upgrading Oracle?

From: <warren.liyongbo_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 20:46:05 -0700

Hi,

I am assigned this DBA task of upgrading our DB from 9i R2 to 10g R2 although I am not a DBA at all.

My question is, when you upgrade to a new Oracle version, do you prepare a whole document on the upgrading of your server? I actually have found the Oracle 10g R2 upgrade guide and it is very extensive in steps and descriptions after reading it, but my manager still asked me to prepare a detailed upgrade steps.
I mean since it is already so well documented, what is the point of I copying/pasting every word again. I know I must prepare the information on our own server first.

Any advice?

warren Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 22:46:05 CDT