Re: removal of standby database

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 12:23:55 -0700

Steve,

Thanks for bearing with me and taking the time to add to my education.

After applying your suggested ALTER DATABASE commands, I was able to shutdown and startup the db from the spfile, with no errors. So it looks like it's back on its feet.

For the initialization parms dealing with archive log destinations, I now have a local destination set for log_arch_dest_1 -- the same value it always was. Both log_arch_dest_3 (which formerly pointed to the standby) and the simple log_arch_dest are now null.

However, there are some entries in the alert log with the latest startup that look to me as if this db is not yet convinced that it doesn't have a standby.

In the following excerpt from the alert log, I have replaced line numbers with '>>>>>' at the lines that give me pause ...

+29612 ARCH: STARTING ARCH PROCESSES COMPLETE
+29613 Wed Apr 19 13:46:04 2006
+>>>>> ARC0: Becoming the 'no FAL' ARCH
+>>>>> ARC0: Becoming the 'no FAL' ARCHARC0: Thread not mounted
+29616 Wed Apr 19 13:46:04 2006
+>>>>> ARC1: Becoming the heartbeat ARCH
+29618 DMON started with pid=14
+29619 Wed Apr 19 13:46:04 2006
+>>>>> ARC1: Becoming the heartbeat ARCHARC1: Thread not mounted
+29621 Wed Apr 19 13:46:04 2006
+29622 ALTER DATABASE MOUNT
+29623 Wed Apr 19 13:46:07 2006
+>>>>> Starting Data Guard Broker (DMON)
+29625 Wed Apr 19 13:46:09 2006
+29626 Successful mount of redo thread 1, with mount id 3364189341
+29627 Wed Apr 19 13:46:09 2006
+29628 Database mounted in Exclusive Mode.
+29629 Completed: ALTER DATABASE MOUNT
+29630 Wed Apr 19 13:46:09 2006
+29631 ALTER DATABASE OPEN
+29632 Wed Apr 19 13:46:09 2006
+>>>>> LGWR: Primary database is in CLUSTER CONSISTENT mode
+29634 Thread 1 opened at log sequence 255
+29635 Current log# 1 seq# 255 mem# 0:
/db02/oradata/acipmdv/redoA/redo01a.rdo
+29636 Current log# 1 seq# 255 mem# 1:
/db03/oradata/acipmdv/redoB/redo01b.rdo
+29637 Successful open of redo thread 1
+29638 Wed Apr 19 13:46:09 2006
+29639 SMON: enabling cache recovery
+29640 Wed Apr 19 13:46:10 2006
+29641 Successfully onlined Undo Tablespace 1.
+29642 Wed Apr 19 13:46:10 2006
+29643 SMON: enabling tx recovery
+29644 Wed Apr 19 13:46:10 2006
+29645 Database Characterset is WE8ISO8859P1
+>>>>> replication_dependency_tracking turned off (no async
multimaster replica
tion found)
+29647 Completed: ALTER DATABASE OPEN

~