Re: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:57:25 +0200

GM schrieb:
> Folks,
> I have read a lot of posts about this error but I am unable to
> resolve mine. I just installed an Oracle XE database on Windows XP
> Professional. I created a new user gm/gm. I am able to access the
> database from my browser and also from the SQL Command Line (this SQL
> client comes with Oracle XE) but am unable to connect to the database
> from SQLPlus (both are in the same machine).

The SQL Command Line *is* the sqlplus. If i interpret your situation correct, you have additional to Oracle XE another one Oracle Installation on this machine. In that case simply put the entry from XE Home tnsnames.ora into the another one tnsnames.ora ( there are also more alternatives, such as setting TNS_ADMIN, put in tnsnames.ora ifile=another_tnnsnames.ora, etc.)

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 13:57:25 CDT