Re: removal of standby database

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 11:03:09 -0700

WOO HOO! That got my primary db open, so the dev team will be happy.

Now, back to my original task ... the standby db is supposed to go away completely. So, no - we don't mind it being 'behind'. So, how do I get the primary database to permanantly quit thinking it has to worry about a standby? Once I get that taken care of, actually removing the standy should be as simple as shutting it down and deleting all of its files.

This whole business of the standby db was just the prior DBA's experimentation with the technique. There is no requirement to have a standby, and there IS a requirement to clean off that server and rebuild it for other uses. Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 13:03:09 CDT