Re: select value within an interval

From: <Vladimir.Usov_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 09:01:20 -0700

Hi Daniel
Well the goal is to create an efficient SQL :-) that requires minimum of consistent gets.
I need to get a product type from range of products based on particular product id.
It is like salary table in Oracle HR Demo Scheme that stores salary ranges and if I want to report to manager salary grade I have to select emp.salary between low_value and high_value. Any idea why Oracle reads the whole table or does index FFS if I use INDEX hint?
Does Oracle have problem with such selects? Regards
Vladimir Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 11:01:20 CDT