Re: managing open database links?

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2006 13:24:22 -0700

I don't know of any way to do this in Oracle inherently, other than checking the MACHINE column in v$session. Not perfect, but one other way I can think of is to find the SQL being executed. It usually has something like A1.table_name in the statement.

Also, if you are on Unix/Linux, the following just worked for me...

ps -ef | grep $(lsof -i | grep your_remote_host | awk '{print $2}')

That will produce a list of all connections originating from the remote database server. Ugly, but it may produce some better ideas.

Of course, none of these ideas can be verified as database link connections, but just network and/or instance session connections.

Regards,

Steve Received on Tue Apr 18 2006 - 15:24:22 CDT