help with database

From: TekDragon <TekDragon_at_hm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:34:53 GMT

I'm using Oracle as my database, and Dreamweaver to create the input forms. I need to be able to pass a value that is created automaticlly by the database via the use of a trigger. Everything works fine when the first user inputs his/her data, but then I get an error message after that.

Here is the trigger:
create or replace trigger wine_cust_trigger before insert on wines
for each ro
begin
select customer_id into :new.customer_id from customer ; end ;
/

Here is the error message:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows ORA-06512: at "LTRAUB.WINE_CUST_TRIGGER", line 2 ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'LTRAUB.WINE_CUST_TRIGGER'
/phoenix/wines.asp, line 115

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 18 2006 - 14:34:53 CDT