Re: How to set sessiontimezone for scheduled job session

From: <kirunge_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2006 04:08:22 -0700

Thanks again ...

I have pasted below the procedure which I tried to execute and got the following error
plz let me know why I am getting this error SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE do_job4 IS   2 BEGIN
  3 execute immediate 'alter session set time_zone="+05:30"';   4 INSERT INTO stbl(sz) SELECT sessiontimezone FROM dual;   5 COMMIT;
  6 END;
  7 /

Procedure created.

SQL> exec do_job4
BEGIN do_job4; END;

*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-02248: invalid option for ALTER SESSION
ORA-06512: at "BAS1.DO_JOB4", line 3
ORA-06512: at line 1