Re: Backup en Caliente

From: <rankbishop_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2006 01:50:17 -0700

Brian:
After reading docs, I made several tests and I think that I found my error. I'm not sure, but when I tried to recover at a given time (recover ... until time ...), I didn't put the exact time (given by the backupcontrolfile). If I put the time with minutes and seconds, it works.
I suppose that the system does any changes in system.dbf while "begin...end backup". In fact, the error refers to system tablespace. (Remember that I was trying to recover complete database, simulating a total hardware failure, because I have to take a decision about backup strategy).

thanks

Brian Peasland ha escrito: