Re: Some Lateral thinking Required - Hard-Coded instance workaround

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 01:52:30 GMT

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:48:04 -0700, Jim Kennedy wrote:

> Which gives a good reason why off shoring is not a bright idea. But I am
> sure you already knew that. Clearly these aren't talented or seasoned
> application developers. All that money that was "saved" by off shoring
> comes back to haunt one.

With all due respect - one can get the same lack of talent without going offshore.

Or worse - one can get seasoned talent in other environments who know even less in the target environment than the off shore groups.

I can't count the times I've followed 'SQL experts' who were actually 'SQLServer' experts with no knowledge of Oracle. The code, while probably excellent for SQL Server, often has [many and significant] opportunities for improvement in Oracle.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com