Re: Perl and Oracle

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2006 17:19:28 GMT

Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:32:36 +0000, xhoster wrote:
>
> > And what isn't internally broken into loops? That is what computers
> > do.
>
> This type of debate doesn't interest me. I'm not a little kid. Not
> supporting the array interface is a cardinal sin which has a grave impact
> on performance, period. That makes the usability of DBD::Oracle limited
> at best. Is that so hard to understand? The same feature is supported for
> MySQL

Can you back up that assertion? What version of MySQL even has an array interface, and what version of DBD::mysql supports the native MySQL array interface?

> which points toward bias.

Or, in the unlikely case that your claim is actually true, it points towards it being easier to implement for MySQL rather than for Oracle.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB