Re: Unicode Character Allocation

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:35:41 GMT

> Thanks again. I appreciate the help... Unfortunately I had to take
> matters in my own hand since the DBA did not know what he was talking
> about.

Did you ask your DBA to look up the information for you? If he didn't know the answer, and was unwilling to help you with the question (in some form or another), then your company might have a problem. I do not know all of the particulars so I am hesitant to say that you have a bad DBA. Nor am I saying that the DBA should necessarily be there just to spit out the answer to your questions. Depending on what you are asking for, a good DBA may point you in the right direction and let you do some of your own investigation...sort of teaching a man to fish as opposed to giving him one....

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net