Re: UPDATE SET of multiple columns

From: DBA9999 <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 14:20:04 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:
> You'll probably want multiple update statements.
>
> update DISK_STATS_TBL
> set DISKBSIZE_STAT = 0 where DISKBSIZE_STAT IS NULL;
>
> update DISK_STATS_TBL
> set DISKBUSY_STAT = 0 where DISKBUSY_STAT IS NULL;
>
> update DISK_STATS_TBL
> set DISKREAD_STAT = 0 where DISKREAD_STAT IS NULL;
>
> etc.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>

> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
> http://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>

> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown

Thank you for your reply.

I already have 6 update statements; but I would like to consolidate them into one to reduce the runtime of a job.

I am having a bit of a problem adapting suitable SET syntax for multiple columns in a single UPDATE statement, as you can tell.

C Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 16:20:04 CDT