Re: external table issue

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:21:46 GMT

I hate it when Windows decides to put that damned hook into the file and won't let you delete it. When I run into this, I try to rename the file to something else. Then I can go on with my life. At a later time, once no one is using that renamed file, it can be deleted.

There are Windows utilities out there which can determine the process(es) using that file, stopping you from deleting it. A Google serach should bear those out. Once you identify the process, then you may decide to kill that process, freeing up the lock on the file.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net