Re: TIMESTAMP internal structure

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 16:45:27 -0700

Interesting question to which I do not know the answer and am mainly posting so that if someone does I will catch it.

What I do know is that a timestamp datatype takes 11 bytes of storage and a timestamp with time zone 13. The OCI information on OCCI_SQLT_TIMESTAMP might be of interest.

What you could do is create a table with just a few rows of timestamp data and dump the blocks. You could also try the dump() function on a timestamp. I will have to put doing these things on my list of things to try.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 18:45:27 CDT