Re: *PLEASE HELP* Oracle Login Canvas

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 14:43:06 -0700

andrew.cruze_at_ntlworld.com wrote:
> I'm trying to help a friend with question on Oracle Databases.
>
> Basically shes trying to create a user interface that allows the users
> to login to a
> canvas, where they can insert data and query it.
>
> The login canvas needs to have a username and password in order for
> each user to access the insert and query canvas.
>
> The username that will be used to connect to the database is:
> ins2014_55
> The pasword will be: ins2014

Normally not a good idea to post passwords to a worldwide group.

> The database itself is called 'stud'

So is this porn, or a class assignment?

You might want to see http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

> If anyone can point me in the right direction of any code that might be
> useful what would be fantastic!

This is such a broad question, because Oracle is a very large collection of products. The solution would depend on what _else_ she wants to do. Some lightweight answers are

http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe10gdb/develop/index_htmldb.html
http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/2006_mar/031306-sql-developer-finalsite.html
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html

There are also many third-party front-ends that can build an entry/query screen. Not real sure what you mean by "canvas."

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
The word for today is "shill."