Re: Oracle Text Question

From: bravegag <bravegag_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 09:59:16 -0700

>I tried the following syntax and realized that it does
>not work. Only one CONTAINS is allowed in the where clause.

Can you explain what "does not work" when you executed it? i.e. was it a query syntax error? runtime error? I have noticed many bugs in Oracle TEXT.

Nevertheless, you might want to try converting your original query from:

SELECT ...
FROM ..
WHERE ...
             AND (cond1 or cond2 or cond3)

into

SELECT ...
FROM ..
WHERE ...
             AND cond1
UNION ALL
SELECT ...
FROM ..
WHERE ...
             AND cond2
UNION ALL
SELECT ...
FROM ..
WHERE ...
             AND cond3

This is how I remember I got away from a very nasty CBO problem while using Oracle TEXT, they fixed in the 9.2.x but no idea if they did in their 10g code base.

HTH,
Regards,
Me Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 11:59:16 CDT