Re: Multihomed Install

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:18:54 GMT

> [BEGIN FINAL MESSAGEs]
> The following J2EE Applications have been deployed and are accessible at the
> URLs listed below.
>
> iSQL*Plus URL:
> http://remus:5560/isqlplus
>
> iSQL*Plus DBA URL:
> http://remus:5560/isqlplus/dba
> ]/END FINAL MESSAGES]
Does it really matter what the OUI reports the URL to be? If the URL is reported to be "http://badhost:port/isqlplus" then from a remote system, unless "badhost" is in my DNS table or hosts file, I won't get to iSQL*Plus. I'd need the proper hostname or DNS entry which translates to the correct IP address of the server that is listening on that port. And if I'm local to the machine, I'd probably use "http://localhost:port....".

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net