Multihomed Install

From: dg <david_grove_at_correct.state.ak.us>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 10:10:33 -0700

I am trying to do a new install (10g on Sun V480 running Solaris 10) on a multihomed machine. It has two IP addresses.

According to the documentation, as I am aware of and understand it, if the ORACLE_HOSTNAME env var is not set, the first entry in the /etc/hosts file is used.

I did both-- I made sure that the host name I desired to use preceded the second host name in the /etc/hosts file, and I also set and exported ORTACLE_HOSTNAME. At the end of the install, OUI displays the URLs of the installed J2EE apps (iSQLPlus and iSQLPlus DBA) and it shows the wrong host name. That is, it used the host name which appeared second in the /etc/hosts file, as well as seeming to ignore the ORACLE_HOSTNAME env var.

Does anyone have any tips for installing Oracle on a multihomed machine?

Thank you.

DG Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 12:10:33 CDT