Re: top things to watch out for when migrating from 9i r2 to 10g r2

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:11:41 GMT

NetComrade wrote:
> I am in the early stages of studying the migration path to 10gr2.
>
> Anything particular to watch out for?

It may seem the obvious comment...but the gotchas I encounter when performing an upgrade are specific to the application and usage of that particular database. So the best thing to do (in my mind) is to upgrade a test database with your application's data and then exercise the application on that upgraded database.

Mostly for me, the upgrades I've done have been pretty painless.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net