Re: Oracle connection only once

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 08:07:09 GMT

Andreas Boehm <andreas_at_andiboehm.de> wrote:
> I have an obscure problem.
> I moved my oracle instance (8.1.7) from one subnet to another (changed
> on server tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, tnsnames on clients) and now only
> a few seconds after startup, sqlplus and other clients can connect.
> After some seconds, I get errors on client side, but tnsping reports no
> errors.
>
> The error messages are :
> client:
> ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

This is difficult.

First, I would check whether it is a network problem.

Try to ping the database server from the client, Try to telnet to the Oracle port of the server from the client.

If any of that fails, but you can connect to 127.0.0.1 from the server, it is a network problem and you should look for a solution there.

If the telnet connects fine, I would turn on client tracing and see what the trace file tells me.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 03:07:09 CDT