Re: Auto generating Sequences !!

From: chani <chanakam2000_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2006 20:51:00 -0700

:::From: Brian Peasland - view profile
:::Date: Tues, Apr 11 2006 12:00 am

:::Create the sequence outside of the trigger. If you want three
different
:::sequences, then create three sequences

Actually I don't know what is the exact number of sequences i want. It may be 3 or may be 100 or may be 9876 (any) Random. One thing i can do is having 9999 sequences (My maximum limit.). But I see that will not be a good solution.

:::From: Sybrand Bakker - view profile
:::Date: Tues, Apr 11 2006 3:29 am

:::I'm very much in favor of learning people to fish, instead of
:::spoonfeeding them. I already provided you with
:::execute immediate
:::and the autonomous transaction concept.
:::They are not that difficult to look up in the doco.

I'm very thank about your guide. I'm trying to learn your guide. My big problem is understanding technical English. These docs are contain horrible words.

:::From: Joel Garry - view profile
:::Date: Tues, Apr 11 2006 5:06 am

:::What you probably want to do is have a parent table with the loan
:::header information in it, and a detail table with the payment
history,
:::with a foreign key relationship between them. In your design
:::normalization

No my problem is not normalization.
loan_payment is a weak entity set depends on loan. Its discrimintor is payment_number
I want to generate sequences for these discriminators.

Thank everyone who helped me.
I still was not able to get solution (trying Sybrand Bakker's guide)

Lokking at your further helps.

If I could do I will tell all you it . Received on Mon Apr 10 2006 - 22:51:00 CDT