Re: top things to watch out for when migrating from 9i r2 to 10g r2

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Apr 2006 14:31:33 -0700

NetComrade wrote:
> I am in the early stages of studying the migration path to 10gr2.
>
> Anything particular to watch out for?

Have you looked at the last chapter's in Jonathan new book? He has a pretty good summary of optimizer related things that could burn you.

Tom also has a new book out that is more 10.1 but also has some good info on 10.2 .

Have you looked at the New Feature guide?

> I kind of recall that 10g now automatically collects table index
> statistics?

Depends on if you convert a database manually or use DBUA.

If you are defaulting and letting the stats get collected automatically then yes you "should be able to" abandon some of the analyze type of stuff.

But in 9.2 and below you could do this via the dbms_stats procedure's anyhow. Received on Mon Apr 10 2006 - 16:31:33 CDT