Re: Perl and Oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 03:04:10 GMT

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 18:18:56 -0700, krichine wrote:

> It worked quite nicely for me.

I'm glad for you. Unfortunately, it still doesn't support array interface. That is the bottom line. Your personal impressions will not help me to resolve that.

> In fact, it apparently worked quite nicely for Oracle, at least well
> enough to power their enterprise manager console website. Check out
> $ORACLE_HOME/perl/... after you install 10g release 2 and see what
> process and modules are running behind the scene with isqlplus and
> emctl

Both utilities are toys, not meant for heavy duty data processing. If that is what the original poster is trying to do, DBD::Oracle is not the right tool. Not supporting the array interface is a cardinal sin which, essentially, renders Perl useless for any real data processing with Oracle. I'm sure it worked for you, it might have even worked for your mom and for your cousin Vinnie. It doesn't change the fact that DBD::Oracle doesn't support the array interface.

--
http://www.mgogala.com