OCI_DEFAULT or OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS

From: Tijs Verwest <stephane.vollet_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:05:16 +0200

I found this on http://www.orafaq.com/faqphp.htm :

When using the OCI Extension Module, PHP will commit whenever ociexecute() returns successfully. One can control this behaviour by specifying OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS (the default) or OCI_DEFAULT as the second parameter to the ociexecute() function call. OCI_DEFAULT can be used to prevent statements from being auto-committed. The OCICommit() and OCIRollback() functions can then be used to control the transaction.

But I don't see any difference between OCI_DEFAULT and OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS both commit my insertions in the database. Can someone tell me what's the difference between the two?

I use OCI_DEFAULT all the time and I never have to commit anything... Received on Sun Apr 09 2006 - 17:05:16 CDT