Way too much time on my hands

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 14:01:32 -0700

I have posted a page to the internet with a bit of a puzzle (to put it mildly): http://www.psoug.org/sudoku.html

This is hardly a finished work of art ... in fact it is only about 3 hours or so worth of any work at all.

But it seems like an interesting challenge, solving Sudoku puzzles with PL/SQL, so I thought I'd put this out here for anyone that might want to collaborate (or just criticize some reasonably abysmal code).

It easily solves simple problems. Those where it is possible to examine blocks, columns, and rows, and identify at least one cell with each iteration where an unambiguous answer is possible. But chokes when the solution is more complex.

I've considered writing something to do a brute force attack but thought others might be able to come up with something far more elegant.

Enjoy!

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org