Need suggestion for 8i migration decision

From: <ccwei_at_ms1.pchome.com.tw>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 22:14:54 -0700

Hi All

My company decides to migrate Oracle 8i database(about 10 databases) this year.

I've collected several comments from ISV and other DBA peers as below

  1. 8i will be desupported at the end of 2006.
  2. 9i will release final patch at mid of 2006. One of ISV told me it's more mature than 10g.
  3. 10 g has several enhancement including mamangement/development but the final patch was not released yet.
  4. 2 or 3 known bugs in 9i optimizer.

Could anyone give me more insights to me or advise more direction to evalute this?

Jeff Chang Received on Sat Apr 08 2006 - 00:14:54 CDT