Using Python with Oracle Cursors

From: <RRLear_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 14:40:07 -0700

I'm trying to call a procedure from python (using cx_Oracle) but have no luck. I'm able to invoke arbitrary SQL and pass parameters etc, but getting an OUT cursor seems to be eluding me.

Anyone know how to do this? I can pass in SQL to get the same results, but in general, we use a lot of OUT cursor procedures, so it would be nice to understand how to do this.

Thanks,
Russell.

The procedure is similar to:

PROCEDURE ListJobs(c_djob OUT djob_cursor) IS

    BEGIN     OPEN c_djob FOR 'SELECT distinct job_id from jobsTable

        where status < cnCompleted and exists (select null from jobDescr where jobDescr.job_id = jobsTable.job_id)';

    NULL;     END ListJobs; Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 16:40:07 CDT