Re: Estimate a query time

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 23:09:17 +0200

"suri" <suriawan_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:1144438425.588718.155130_at_z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Brian, my intention is in my application I want to throw a warning
> if the query issued by the user will take long time.
>
> Regards,
> Suri

I understand what you want to do, but I hope you don't have an application where users can create SQL statements "on the fly". This is definitely a very bad idea. All your application queries should be fixed and optimally tuned. But, it's true that the query execution time can sometimes vary depending on the value of the parameter(s) that were passed, for example in a search function. Is this why you need this for ?

Matthias Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 16:09:17 CDT