Re: shared pool question

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 08:32:09 -0700

Just to add to what Brian noted with an example (I've read too many Tom Kyte books:))...

SQL> alter system flush shared_pool;

System altered.

SQL> connect rep/rep
Connected.
SQL> create or replace procedure foo
  2 as
  3 begin
  4 null;
  5 end;
  6 /

Procedure created.

SQL> connect rep1/rep1
Connected.
SQL> create or replace procedure foo
  2 as
  3 begin
  4 null;
  5 end;
  6 /

Procedure created.

SQL> exec foo;

SQL> connect rep/rep
Connected.
SQL> exec foo

SQL> select substr(sql_text,1,20),version_count from v$sqlarea where sql_text li
ke 'BEGIN%foo%';

SUBSTR(SQL_TEXT,1,20 VERSION_COUNT

BEGIN foo; END;                  2

SQL> Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 10:32:09 CDT