Re: shared pool question

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:18:38 GMT

In this case, you will have two copies. The object is named by
"schema.object" notation. To Oracle, "schema1.proc1" and "schema2.proc1"
are two different objects even though they may share the exact same code.

Additionally, unless you are using envoker's rights, the two objects will be compiled with definer's rights, which for two different schemas, may mean two different privilege sets. So Oracle will treat these as different.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net