Re: Standard Edition Feature Availability

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:06:19 +0100

In message <pan.2006.04.07.05.48.37.868137_at_telus.net>, HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net> writes
>On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:20:29 -0700, Dusan Bolek wrote:
>
>> Just keep in mind that due to licensing restrictions, it is also
>> impossible to use Standard Edition for a vast majority of implementations.
>> So the list of features is not usually a primary concern when selecting
>> editions.
>
>Interesting comment. Care to expand?

<unwarrantedAssumption>
I assume he means the 4 CPU limitation.
</unwarrantedAssumption>

It would be interesting to see the actual figures for the size of servers in oracle deployments.

My suspicion is that the majority, or at least a substantial minority are small systems which SE or SE1 would cover.

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.