Re: Slightly OT, and a cautionary tale

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:00:36 GMT

A year or so, this may just be a "blessing in disquise" sort of thing, being forced to change jobs. I do not think your old employer will feel the same way when they look back on their outsourcing decision. Just a hunch.

As for your colleague....I wouldn't waste any time worrying about him. He's in charge of his own career and the making sure it goes in the direction he wants it to. Some employees just want to stay the course up until retirement and then others attempt to grow their career. Personally, I find the urge to continually grow compelling. From a career satisfaction point of view, but also in those times when your employer makes a decision which hurts your current employment status. One must be prepared for the future, even for those choices that are not made by you, but directly impact you!

Good luck on your new adventures!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland